16 May 2008

Work, house, vacation - in that order

As Annie said in the previous post, I did get a job with the Richfield Reaper, and I will be starting soon. I am the new general reporter (making three writers who comprise the editorial staff at the paper). And I did go down that way to check out a house to rent that I had called about on Monday.

It's an old brick house on the north end of Austin. It has two bedrooms, and the weirdest toilet/closet space I have ever seen (it brings new meaning to the term "water closet"). It is an older home with some antique doors and higher ceilings. The square footage is a little bit smaller than our apartment we're in now, but what is lacking in footage is more than made up for in the spacious garage in the back and the nice empty field to the side of the house.

I don't have any pictures at the moment of the house, I forgot the camera in my haste to get Sophie to the babysitter and get on my way in the morning. But it's probably better as the landlords were still putting some finishing touches on a few things to make it look nice.

One thing Annie will surely miss is the closet space we are losing. The house doesn't really have too much of that, and what it has is pretty spread out throughout the house. For all of the hanger space we require we may have to get creative.

But even more exciting than getting a house to rent is the trip to Hawaii any mentioned. We're going to Oahu (that's the island where Waikiki, Honolulu, Pearl Harbor, the Laei temple and the multicultural center are all located). We're taking off from SLC Int'l. on the morning of June 3 and won't be back until sometime late on the June 10 or early June 11.

1 comment:

Pals Place said...

That's pretty awesome you got a job as a reporter. Maybe you could start a column writing the courtship and eventual bringing together of random people. I still have the story you wrote about me and my wife. She even had the skater shoes, yeah, that's hot. Anyway, our house doesn't have much closet space either. We had to make shelves for our shoes. Good luck with the new job! Meaningless blog, what a waste of time. Precious internet storage space never to be recaptured.