13 February 2008

Not my favorite "first"





A couple of days ago Sophia began to get morning congestion. She usually gets a lot of boogers, but they don't affect her breathing too much. But her new onslaught of snot has caused her to be really stuffed up and ornery at times.

Last night was probably the most difficult night for the three of us as, due to her extreme congestion, Sophia woke up at about 2:30 this morning. Annie tried to change her, feed her and get her back to sleep, which all helped calm her down well enough, but after all was said and done Sophie managed to stay awake until almost five o'clock.


Where Annie had to be up early to get to school, I stayed up with the baby to try and get her back to bed. It definitely wasn't happening for me as between the time she woke up and the time she dozed back off she just wanted to be up and around - that meant I had to be up and about as well.

I was able to suck out some of the boogers eventually and it cleared out her nose well enough that she was able to breathe relatively normal and finally get some more rest. Baby's first cold, which I think she may have a slight one, is definitely not a "first" I have been looking forward to.



No comments: