26 August 2008

Friday Night No-lights






I had the privilege of covering the home opener for South Sevier's football team against Gunnison Friday night, Aug. 22. It's a whole different atmosphere being on the field, hearing what's actually happening and trying to capture the action to package it up nicely so everyone can get the gist of what happened who didn't make it.



That is one of the actually decent shots I pulled off, taking pictures while being  confined to certain areas around the field is harder than I expected.



Annie and Sophia joined me for the game, which was almost called at halftime because the power in Monroe was down for about three hours that night. In other words, halftime lasted almost an hour and the game went on until about 10:30. It was worth it though, as the Rams pulled of a second half upset — the final was 25-10.





Sophia was so cute at the game, I kept looking up to the stands to see how her and Annie were getting along. she was really good the whole time, which really surprised me considering how late things went. I think she was really into all of the excitement and the crowd, but the part I liked is every time we would catch each other's glance she would light up and want to come see me for a minute.

I'm looking forward to the football season a little bit now that I've gone to a game, even though I'll probably end up in North Sevier or Richfield half of the time I cover a game.


3 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

Chad- you should take lots of pictures of my little brother Scott while he is playing... then I could feel like I am a part of the game! Go Rams!

The Cecil's said...

Wow You guys have posted so much! Since I've last looked!
How is your job Annie? It sounds good. That's cool that you get to see work with Mr. Brown!
This football game looks so fun. I've been telling Kyle I want to go to one. I miss that! Maybe I'll have take a trip home. Wait aren't you guys gonna try to visit though? That would be fun...
Oh yeah sorry about the tag thing. yeah you're suppose to write five interesting things about yourself. ooops.

Devin and Elle said...

Hey can i get your address!