17 June 2008

A quick update

We've finally moved into our new house in Austin and have been busy trying to unpack everything -- or at least figure out what we can get rid of. A couple days after we got moved in, it was time to pack a bunch of it back up and go on vacation.

Our plane departed Tuesday morning extremely early and Oahu was amazing. I will have to devote more time to telling the stories from our trip when I remember to bring in the pictures to post. We had a great trip and Sophie had the time of her life -- most of the time.

Since we've been back -- we got back into town on Wednesday -- things have been just as crazy as when we left. I started at The Richfield Reaper Thursday morning and have been putting in a lot of hours for the few days I've been there. In fact, last night (Monday) I was at work for over 13 hours working on articles for this weeks paper and learning some of the ropes that come with deadlines for the newspaper.

Annie has been doing a lot of work around the house to organize things and gets to finally be a stay-at-home mom for a while. I think she enjoys getting to be more involved in everything Sophia is doing, and all the crazy stuff that comes with it.

Sophia has finally started saying "dada." She said it a couple times before we left to Hawaii, but since then it has become as much a part of her vocabulary as "momma." But I think "momma" still wins in her having more of a reason for saying it when she does.

That little girl is so active these days and has gotten to the point where she tries to do things even though she knows she shouldn't or probably can't. She got her first real good scrape Saturday morning while helping her mom and dad fold laundry. 

She lost her balance while standing up to the basket and the side of her face hit a jagged edge on the way to the floor. It's  a pretty big scratch -- two of them actually -- but she didn't really act like it hurt too much after she got over the initial shock of everything. She had a pretty nice shiner for church the next day though.

Speaking of Sunday, it was Father's Day. I had a good Father's Day this year. We spent a lot of time between visiting with my family and Annie's family, but it was a lot of fun to see everybody. 

For my gifts, Annie got me some nice shirts for work -- I have to have collared shirts and most of mine are t-shirts -- they were exactly the ones I picked out. Really we just went shopping and she let me buy whatever I wanted. It's kind of nice that way sometimes, it saves on possibly having to return stuff and find something else.

My folks got me a few things, too, since it' s my first official Father's Day. I got some nice socks, peachies and a book of quotes and pictures having to do with fatherhood. I don't remember the exact title of the book, but it was about how fatherhood is not for sissies.

This needs some photos, but, alas, they are at home and I am at work. I'll update this and fill everyone in on how our trip to Hawaii went soon.


6 comments:

Pals Place said...

Crazy you live in Austin now. I'm really going to miss you. You seem so far away now. Too bad about your kid ripping her face up, hopefully she won't be scared for life. Bored beyond all reason now. Still can't stand you.

The Cecil's said...

Aw... I'm so excited to come home for July! I can't wait to see you guys and cute little Sophie! Ah! It'll be a party!

Anonymous said...

hi mrs.hunt sophie is so adorable
I hope you got that job sorry I didn't read the whole thing I hope you're having a great summer with sophie,chad and your family

-maria

Pals Place said...

Frustrated, I wait for new postings. Not that the pitiful life you lead stirs me in any way. Yet, here I am, curious as ever. What ill fortune has befallen? Anticipation. You have me again. I loath you.

Irka and Andre said...

Hi! It's all great here! The wedding comes closer and we get more and more excited. We've been together for 6 years and lived together for 3 already.
Sophia is very cute! I bet you have a great time with her!!!
Hi to everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

(0_0)
hi